From well-known Marian author and research professor, Dr. Courtenay Bartholomew, comes the companion book to Mel Gibson's important film "The Passion of the Christ."
"The Passion of the Christ and His Mother" is perhaps the most detailed, inspiring, and moving account of the Passion you will ever read. The author expands on the film and reproduces the unspeakable anguish of Our Lord during the last 20 hours (the movie covers the last 12 hours) of His life.
Based on revelations from the Venerable Anne Catherine Emmerich and others, the book provides further insight and detail such as:
* A full account of the Last Supper
* A detailed description of the agony of Mary
* The medical aspects of the Crucifixion
* The history of the Shroud of Turin
* A theological explanation of the why the Passion was necessary
* And much more
Both Mel Gibson's film and Professor Bartholomew's companion book are sure to spark controversy and debate but above all fuel the fires of faith for years to come. 96 pp.